Testing options for people without symptoms include local pharmacies such as Meijer, Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid, home testing and additional testing locations in Michigan.
If you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms:
- First, you must be screened to determine if you qualify for a COVID-19 test.
Walk-in COVID-19 testing is not available at any of our sites, including emergency departments, urgent care locations or walk-in clinics.
Testing in the emergency department, urgent care location or walk-in clinic only is available to registered patients who are seeking medical treatment.
See options below.
If you are experiencing symptoms, you will need to be evaluated by a provider which can occur in-person or virtually. You can:
Conduct an on-demand video visit through your MyChart account.
- Contact your primary care provider for an appointment.
After taking your test, it may take up to three days before you receive your results. You’ll receive an email notification that your results are ready. Your results will be posted to your MyChart account and shared with your provider. For all patients with a MyChart account, this will be your only notification of your test results by Spectrum Health. The CDC advises you should stay home and away from others while waiting for test results.
Self or at home COVID-19 tests may be used to identify active infection for people with COVID-19 symptoms, no COVID-19 symptoms or exposure to someone with COVID-19.
All test instructions for collecting a sample and performing the test should be carefully followed.
- If potentially exposed to someone with COVID-19, wait three to five days before performing testing.
- If your home test is positive, isolate from others and notify recent contacts that they may have been exposed.
- If your home test is negative, you probably do not have COVID-19. However, if symptoms develop or worsen, consider testing again in a few days.