What Is Patient-Centered Care?
The Spectrum Health Medical Group is transforming our offices to patient-centered medical homes to serve as your consistent, reliable source for preventive care, as well as for treatment of illness and chronic medical conditions.
A Better Approach to Patient-Physician Relationships
The focus of a patient-centered medical home is on you and your relationship with your provider. We want to be the first place you think of-your home-for health care.
Your medical home should be where you feel comfortable and confident, both in the relationship with your provider and the quality of care you receive. You and your health care team will focus on your specific health care needs and ongoing wellness together.
The patient-centered medical home is changing the shape of health care delivery. Benefits include:
- Convenience. You have access to same-day appointments, online scheduling, virtual visits and other innovations.
- Collaboration. You work with your physicians to determine a plan of care.
- Coordinated Care. If you need specialty, inpatient or outpatient care, your medical home connects you. This helps prevent delays in treatment, hospital readmissions and miscommunication.
- Multidisciplinary Teams. With team-based care in an office setting, expect comprehensive treatment, education and a focus on prevention. This makes a big difference, especially with chronic illnesses like diabetes.
- Technology. The electronic medical record is key to sharing information with multiple providers and to coordinating services seamlessly.
Patients recognize that with the medical home model of patient care, they do get better care.
View a video introduction to the Patient-Centered Medical Home